When the weather is warm and just the thought of turning on the oven makes you sweat even more, I introduce to you homemade Banana "ice cream". The ice cream is in quotes because as you may have inferred, it is not really ice cream, but rather one of those super easy fixes that sure does seem to come pretty close to it. So, without further ado, take them aged 'nanners and follow these simple steps:
1) Tear off a strip of parchment or wax paper to fit on a freezer safe plate or bowl. This is so the banana does not stick when you go to make the ice cream.
2) Cut the banana up into smaller chunks. This is optional, but will make it easier/faster to make the ice cream later on. A little work up front for less work on the back end!
3) Cover the banana with another layer of the wax or parchment paper to avoid unwanted freezer burn.
4) Let sit in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight (even up to a month).
5) Remove the banana from the freezer and from the paper, placing the frozen banana in a food processor.
6) Finely chop the banana, perhaps taking a moment to occasionally stir around the bits, until the banana is completely smooth.