Although there was only one problem... once you try them, you need them. Cravings for Baked Stuffed Clams, also known as Clam Stuffies, hit hard and don't dissipate until satisfied. But the good news is - making them at home is actually quite easy!
6 large or 12 small clams, cleaned and rinsed
1/4 cup of butter (1/2 a stick)
3 Tbsp minced onion
2 minced garlic cloves
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon (large wedge) squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp clam juice (store bought or from the cooking liquid)
1 tsp dried parsley
Optional: grated Parmesan cheese
1. Steam the clams in boiling water for 8-15 minutes (depending on size), until the shells pop open. Discard any shells that don't.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the onion. Cook for about 8 minutes, until softened and slightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Remove from heat.
4. Remove the clams from their shells and mince the clam into small pieces.
5. Clean, rinse and wipe the clam shells with paper towels. Place them on a cooking tray.
6. Add the lemon juice, clam juice, parsley and bread crumbs to the sauce pan and combine all of the ingredients together.
7. Gently fold in the clam meat, and then stuff the stuffing into the clam shells using a spoon. *
8. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Let cool, and enjoy!
* Optional step to add some grated parmesan cheese inside the clam shells on top of the stuffing for some extra flavor boost.