This Thanksgiving will be like no other in our lifetime. It's a time of food and gathering. Fortunately we can savor in the former, but sadly we are discouraged to entertain the latter. So food definitely will be had, and we will have to work hard this year at mastering our recipes so that in the years to come, we can go back to sharing them with all of our family, friends, and loved ones.
Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons of Bourbon
- 1 unbaked pie crust *
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the white sugar, brown sugar, and butter together in a bowl.
3. Beat the eggs. Add the eggs, corn syrup, and bourbon to the bowl with the sugar and butter. Stir to combine.
4. Pour the mixture into the pie crust. Top with the pecans. **
5. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until set. Let cool on a rake prior to serving.
* Make your own pie crust using this delicious Homemade Apple Pie recipe!
** It's good to dip the pecans a little bit into the pie filling mixture for more flavor. Don't worry, they'll float their way back up to the top.