3-4 well ripened bananas
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 cup sugar, preferably brown
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose or bread flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Melt the butter in a medium sized bowl.
3) Add the sugar, vanilla extract, and peeled bananas. Mash together to a smooth and creamy consistency.
4) Add the cinnamon, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold over the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
5) Lightly grease a loaf pan, or a cupcake tray if you want to do muffins. Fill with batter about half to 3/4 way full, as it will slightly rise.
Makes 2 small bread loaves or 1 large loaf
* TIP: My mother taught me that when you are making baked goods, such as cupcakes, cake, or in this case Banana Bread, you can check to ensure it is cooked all the way through by poking a toothpick into the middle and removing the toothpick. If it comes out clean/cooked, your all set, but if it is at all gooey, keep cooking. Cakes and breads are not like cookies; they are best served all cooked through.