Baby, it's cold outside! which also means... it's Soup season!
Chili, chowda', and soups galore. Enjoy this recipe!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned, de-boned, and cut into pieces
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 2 Quarts Chicken Broth *
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes and peppers
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoons of cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sliced avocado for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake the tortilla strips for about 5-8 minutes, until crisp but not browned. Remove and let cool.
2. In a large pot or Dutch Oven heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook until slightly caramelized.
3. Add the garlic, stir, and cook for about 1 minute. Add the cumin and stir to combine.
4. Add the chicken, chipotle pepper, Rotel, and stir.
5. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Finally, add the lime juice, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir together.
7. Serve into individual bowls. Top with the tortilla strips and avocado.
* You can always make your own broth. Just follow the first few steps in this Matzo Ball Soup recipe!
** Optional: Give it an extra garnish with some chopped onion and cilantro.